Join us as we watch CAAMFest Online: Heritage at Home Spotlight Honoree, Alice Wu’s new feature film on Netflix. Follow along with CAAM’s Twitter and we will live tweet along with the screening. Do you have thoughts, reflections and/or questions for Alice? If so, tweet them using the hashtag #CAAMFestOnline #HeritageAtHome.
Let’s watch together on Netflix Party! To watch the film with us, click on a ROOM below:
ROOM 1 (50 viewer max)
ROOM 2 (If Room 1 is full)
If you are unable to join, please message us on our FB invite page or email: email@example.com
The show will begin at promptly 5pm PT / 8pm ET on Wednesday, May 20th (link will be provided 30min before screening)
The show will begin at promptly 5pm PT / 8pm ET on Wednesday, May 20th
1. 30 minutes before the show, check here for Netflix Party link
2. Open the link in Google Chrome; Confirm you are signed onto your Netflix account
3. Click “NP” on the top right corner to join the Netflix Party
Some fun features of Netflix Party
1. Change your name and icon: Click the circled icon in top right area corner of the chat area. In the next window, click the icon and you can select from the icons available. Or, you can change your name in the ‘Nickname’ field
2. You can chat: On the bottom of the right, type our message and send. Please be respectful.
About the film: In THE HALF OF IT, Shy, straight-A student Ellie Chu feels isolated and friendless in her remote, backwater town of Squahamish, where she makes some much-needed extra cash penning homework papers for her fellow high school students. Ellie reluctantly agrees to help the lovelorn school jock Paul Munsky write love letters to Aster Flores, the girl they both secretly love. As all three embark on an unexpected journey of discovery, they form a complicated triangle of friendship as they come to terms with their own unexpected feelings about love and find connection in the most unlikely of places.
To learn more about the film, here’s an CAAM interview with Alice Wu and Actor Leah Lewis.
Co-presented by The Queer Paulettes and APIENC (API Equality Northern California)
At 7pm, we’ll sit down and talk to Wu about her cinematic career during our Spotlight Conversation (RSVP Required). If you haven’t seen Wu’s previous film, SAVING FACE recently, this is your chance to relive that ground-breaking film.