How To Festival
For CAAMFest OnDemand information, click here.
Most programs during CAAMFest 2021 will be hosted directly on our festival website (www.CAAMFEST.com) or on Remo, a virtual video hangout space.
If you are interested in attending a program, go to the specific film/event page and you will either see a “Buy Ticket” or “Register” button.
Before the Event
- When you make a purchase, you’ll receive an email that has your unique access code for each event.
- Each event has its own access code. For example, if you buy a ticket to three different showtimes in one purchase, you will have three unique access codes available in your email confirmation.
Joining the Event
- Click “Join Event” in your order confirmation email to open the website to watch the event .
- You will be able to enter your access code as early as 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Before You Watch
- Your access code can only be used one time, on one device, in one browser.
- So before you use your code, please check the following:
- You’re using the device and browser you would like to watch the entire event on.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
Enjoying the Event
- The event will start automatically.
- Since the event is being live streamed, you will not be able to rewind.
- You do not need to click or refresh anything throughout the viewing experience. Each part will play automatically, including the pre-show, screening and/or post-show Q&A.
- Sit back and enjoy. You can watch it on your personal device, computer or on Your TV
- There are two methods for watching the event on your television: Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
If you have an external Google Chromecast set up with your TV or a TV with built-in Google Chromecast (TV’s listed here), open the online event link in Chrome and follow these steps to cast the webpage’s video experience to your TV.
REMO REGISTRATION INFO
Before the event
- Select your event and click ‘RSVP’ to complete the Remo registration form.
- Click “Save me a spot” to register for the event.
- Ensure you’ve received your confirmation email with instructions for how to access the program. If you cannot find or do not receive the confirmation email from Remo, please email our team at email@example.com.
Joining the Event
- The day of the program, locate and click on the Remo link in your confirmation email. We recommend you log in a few minutes before the start time and make sure all is well.
- For the best experience, please use a laptop. Remo is not compatible with tablets and iPads.
Enjoying the Event
- In Remo, you will be able to move around the room to network and connect with other attendees by double-clicking on different tables.
- Once the official presentation begins, you will be able to watch and listen to the panelists, but they will not see you.
- If you choose, please engage in the conversation via the chat.
- Ask the moderator and panelists questions using the Q&A feature. If another attendee asks a question that you’d really like answered, you can upvote their question to increase the likelihood of it being answered live.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Given these unprecedented times, the CAAM team has been working hard to continue bringing stories to light by finding new and creative ways to connect with our communities. Please remember that we’re all in this together and that we should all remember to be supportive and kind through these tough times.
CAAM does not tolerate discrimination or abusive treatment by attendees, volunteers, staff, vendors, or other guests in any manner, including, but not limited to national origin, ethnicity, gender or gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ability, veteran status or religion. Cause for removal from CAAM events includes, but is not limited to verbal harassment, intimidation or threats, physical violence, stalking, and/or sexually explicit, suggestive, or provocative behavior. If a CAAM attendee violates this attendee policy, causes any disruption, and/or violates any other CAAM rules or policies, then CAAM reserves the right to remove the attendee, and prohibit reentry at future events.
If attendees have concerns or issues about their safety, the decorum of other attendees, volunteers, staff, vendors, or other guests, then they should contact CAAM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How many times can I use my personalized code?
A: Each code can only be used once per browser.
Q: What if I need to restart my computer or browser?
A: As long as you are using the same browser, you can still use the same code. If you must use a new browser/device, please register again to obtain a new code.
Q: When do registrations close?
A: Space-permitting, registrations will remain open throughout the duration of the program.
Q: Are there any programs that appear on other websites and require additional steps?
A: THE DONUT KING, produced by ITVS, will be presented on the OVEE Platform. For registration questions, email: email@example.com. For questions requiring technical assistance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Leading up to the event, ITVS will send viewing instructions to the email address you used to register for the program.
Q: What if I join late?
A: That’s okay! You can join at any time. Note that this is a live event, so you will miss a portion of the program or film screening if you join late.
Q: Can I pause the program to run to the bathroom?
A: In theory, yes. You can pause the program, but when you hit play, the screening will not pick up where you left off. Since this is a live event, you will miss a portion of the program and jump back in at a later point.
Q: I’m burning to ask the director this amazing question! Can I ask it?
A: For scheduled programs that include a live Q&A session, you will have the ability to submit questions to the moderator for consideration. Note that in the interest of time, moderators may not be able to include all submitted questions.
Q: I’ve followed all of the steps and am still having issues accessing this program. Who can I contact for help?
A: Please reach out to email@example.com with specific questions. We’ll be monitoring this inbox leading up to and during the online programs. Please be patient and kind as we learn to navigate this process.
Q: Will programs be recorded and available to watch at a later time?
A: Yes, live conversations and Q&A’s will be recorded and uploaded to CAAM’s YouTube channel (CAAM Channel) afterwards.