How To CAAMFest on Demand
For general festival how-to info, click here.
How To Watch
- Buy your CAAMFest on Demand tickets and passes here!
- Passes get you access to ALL available CAAMFest On-Demand programs.
- Note: On Demand tickets and passes must be purchased separately from LIVE programming tickets.
- Locate your confirmation email (make sure to check your spam and junk folders if you are having trouble locating the email). In the email, click the “Watch” button. This will take you to your own Personalized On-Demand Pass Page. We recommend bookmarking this page for easy access throughout the Festival.
- Click on your program of choice.
- Click the play button on the video player.
- No need to click or refresh anything throughout the viewing experience. Each part will play automatically, including the pre-show, screening, and/or post-show Q&A.
- Sit back and enjoy! You can watch it on your personal device, computer, or on your TV.
Before You Watch
- Once you begin watching a program, you will have 24 hours to complete it.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV from a smart device, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
- You can test your device to ensure that it can play our On-Demand programs. See the FAQs section below for more information.
- Note: Certain films will be geoblocked (limited by geography). Please click here for more information.
How do I locate my Personalized On-Demand Pass Page?
Locate your confirmation email (make sure to check your spam and junk folders if you are having trouble locating the email). In the email, click the “Watch” button. This will take you to your own Personalized On-Demand Pass Page. We recommend bookmarking this page for easy access throughout the Festival.
How can I check to see if my device will work with On-Demand programs?
- If you have already purchased a pass, go to your Personalized On-Demand Pass Page, select the “CAAMFest On-Demand Test Video”, and click the “Play” button.
- If you only purchased an individual ticket, go here for a free video test pass.
- When viewing On-Demand content, please ensure that you have enabled third-party cookies in your internet browser.
What are the system requirements?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari.
What are the requirements for Windows computers?
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
What are the requirements for Mac computers?
Mac OSX 10.12 or later
Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser.
Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
Yes, you can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Please note that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play.
Can I watch content on my Android Device?
Yes, you can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
Can I Chromecast content?
You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers as well as Android devices by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Can I AirPlay to my AppleTV?
You can AirPlay from most browsers if you have Apple TV by selecting the AirPlay button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
What happens if I forget my password?
Use the password reset option on the login page to reset your password. You will need access to the e-mail address you use to log in.
Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on wifi, try moving closer to your router.
Why do I see a black screen if I am watching content with AirPlay on my TV?
You likely have “Screen Mirroring” turned on in your device settings. Please turn off the screen mirroring setting and start AirPlay by selecting the AirPlay button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Why do I see a black screen after the pre-roll if I am casting to Chromecast?
Some Chromecast versions cannot support transitions from one video to another. If this happens, turn off casting and re-start it once the film starts playing.